hippydom

Thursday, March 7, 2013

R.I.P. Alvin Lee




Alvin Lee (born Graham Alvin Barnes, 19 December 1944 – 6 March 2013) was an English rock guitarist and singer. He was best known as the lead guitarist and singer with blues-rock band Ten Years After.
Born in Nottingham, he began playing guitar at the age of 13, and with Leo Lyons formed the core of the band Ten Years After in 1960. Influenced by his parents' collection of jazz and blues records, it was the advent of rock and roll that sparked his interest, and guitarists such as Chuck Berry and Scotty Moore provided his inspiration.
Lee died on 6 March 2013 in Spain.According to his website, he died from "unforeseen complications following a routine surgical procedure." He was 68.
His former bandmates lamented his death, Leo Lyons called him "the closest thing I had to a brother", while Ric Lee (no relation) said "I don't think it's even sunk in yet as to the reality of his passing."

5 comments:

Butterfly said...

R.I.P. Alvin. I'm gonna miss you!

kost mah said...

Γαμησε τα φιλε μου...

Rochacrimson said...

R.I.P. Alvin...

bobbysu said...

So Long, Alvin

Efren Acevedo said...

Gloriosa época!!!!

(Thanks, "hippy"